The polls are up and ready!
Please remember these things:
- Read the terms and conditions before you vote.
- Votes are based on IP and cookies.
- Do not send in duplicate votes from a cell phone in different hot spots.
- You may only vote ONCE per category per person in your home.
- No more than 5 votes per network/IP
- You don’t have to vote on everything at once. You can vote for one category and come back later for the rest.
- If you click on the DOT, it will vote. If you click on the BLOG NAME, you can go to the site.
- Email us at Hsbawards @ Gmail . com (remove extra spaces) if you have any questions or problems!
- Spread the word!
- Please use our graphics for your pages if you were nominated and link them to THIS post! See below for the nominee graphic.
With the number of categories and nominees involved, there is a definite possibility of human error in the creation of the polls. Please let us know if any of the links don’t work, etc. so that we can take care of it as quickly as possible.
Regarding multiple votes from the same household:
The rules state: “You may only vote ONCE per category per person in your home & No more than 5 votes per network/IP.” Although this is what’s allowed, it may or may not work for you. Here are some observations based on personal experience and feedback from others:
- To vote more than once, use another computer in your home; once you have voted in a particular category, you will most likely see only the results and not the option to vote again while using the same computer.
- The ability to vote more than once from the same IP address appears to be greatly influenced by your computer and network.
- When I voted on my desktop computer first, I was able to cast a second vote in the same category from my laptop (wireless connection to the same modem). When I voted first from my laptop, I was not able to vote in that category from my desktop.
In simple English, not all networks are the same. Computers can be tricky. If you can’t vote more than one time at home and you have two people who want to vote, may I suggest going to the library for your second vote? Please be honest, though.
Emailing us if you can’t vote more than once is not going to help, because we cannot make your computer allow it. Just relax, have fun, and enjoy the awards.
Voting ends at midnight on November 21.
If you’re a nominee, feel free to grab this button:
Additional info based upon some of your emailed questions (this section updated as the awards progress)…
What is the youngest age for a teen blogger?
Are people able to win in more than one category?
If someone wins more than one category, we go in and see how many votes they got in each category and they get to keep the category where their votes were the highest. The runner up takes the other category. We do this so that we can make sure that prizes go to as many bloggers as possible.
Why is my blog or the blog I nominated not showing up on the voting lists?
Your blog either did not qualify based upon the amount of nominations you got, the amount of people nominating, or your content might not have met rule requirements/was not matched up properly with the category you were nominated in. In a perfect world, we’d like to say that there weren’t any mistakes in our blog-checking/spreadsheet scouring, but it is also possible that we missed a couple of blogs that SHOULD be on the polls. Send us an email and we’ll look in to your particular case if you desire.
Please make sure that these requirements are met first:
1. Your blog is family friendly (check our Legal Page for a full-fledged definition of what we mean by that)
2. Your blog is current (if you haven’t posted in 2 months, chances are, we didn’t include you)
3. Your blog fits the category it was nominated in (if you are a DAD, you probably aren’t listed in ‘Teen Girl’)
4. Your blog got at least 3 nominations by 3 different people in ONE category
What if my url or blog name is wrong/misspelled?
Shoot us an email. That’s an easy fix!
Click each link below to vote for a nominee in that category:
- Best Homeschool Mom Blog
- Best Homeschool Dad Blog
- Best Blog Design
- Best Photos and Artistic Content Blog
- Best Crafts, Plans & Projects Blog
- Best Family or Group Blog
- Best Encourager
- Best “Live-What-You-Believe” Homeschool Blog
- Best Unschooling Blog
- Best Eclectic Homeschooling
- Best Geographical Blog
- Best Current Events, Opinions or Politics Blog
- Best Homemaking or Recipes Blog
- Best Teen Girl Blog
- Best Teen Guy Blog
- Best Teen Group Blog
- Funniest Homeschool Blog
- Best Cyber-Buddy Blogger
- Best Curriculum or Business Blog
- Best Variety
- Best Thrifty Homeschooler
- Best SUPER-HOMESCHOOLER
- Best Nitty-Gritty Homeschool Blog
- Best NEW Homeschool Blog
- Best Homeschooling Methods Blog
Thanks for participating! We can’t wait to see who you chose as the winners of the 2009 Homeschool Blog Awards! Get to clickin’!