If you’ve been homeschooling for longer than a year or so, you’ve probably tried many different types of planners. When it comes to planners, there are so many options out there that it can be difficult to find just the right one for you. I think that’s why reviews can come in handy, so I took the opportunity to try out and review PlanItWisely Student Information System online planner.
Disclosure: I received free access to PlanItWisely for the purpose of review and I was compensated for my time. Please see our full disclosure policy for more information.
How PlanItWisely Works
PlanItWisely is an online planning system to keep complete student records and create transcripts. It can work for the whole family within just one account. It’s cloud-based so you can use it from any computer with nothing to install.
With one login, you can manage all your students, whether you’re running a small co-op or using it for your own children in your homeschool. Set-up takes a little bit of time to input your students’ names, grade levels, course of study/subjects, and resources. These are referred to as Events. I would recommend setting aside an hour to get familiar with it when you first begin. Once that initial information is done, using the program and setting up recurring entries or switching around times within the schedule is fairly straightforward.
iHomeEducator Educational Apps, the creator of PlanItWisely, has put together a series of very helpful tutorial videos and hints for users. Take advantage of these videos and you’ll be up and running in no time. They also have a blog where they highlight different features of the system, as well as answer frequently asked questions.
My Favorite Features
- Different views: You can choose how you want to view your plans on the screen — either daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, by student, or by subject. I find myself going back and forth between those views when planning.
- Drag and Drop: This really simplifies the process when you want to move things around from day to day or change the time of an event. It makes it so quick and easy to select an event and drag it to the correct place on the schedule.
- Color coding: Student events/subjects can be color coded so it’s easier to distinguish between them when looking at the calendar overview.
- Cloud-based: I don’t like being tied to the computer all the time while I’m teaching my girls. I like the fact that I can use PlanItWisely from the desktop computer or the laptop, depending on where we are and what we’re doing. It automatically saves and syncs so I don’t have to worry about it.
- Budget and resources tracking: I like this feature so I can keep track of what I have and what I need to buy, as well as staying on budget.
PlanItWisely is available in monthly ($4.99) or yearly ($49.90 regularly, currently on sale for $39.90) subscriptions. Both options include the following:
- 1st Month Free Trial
- No Setup Fees
- Up to 30 Users
- Unlimited scheduler events
- Unlimited grade records
- Unlimited attendance records
- Unlimited transcript records
- Unlimited inventory resources
- Dedicated database
- Dedicated sub-domain
If you’re looking for an organized system to keep records and help you create transcripts for your high school students, PlanItWisely might be just what you need. It is a thorough and full-featured system for keeping track of multiple students. It would also work well for co-op teachers or private school teachers. If you live in a state that requires stricter record-keeping like attendance, grades, and more, PlanItWisely has you covered.
Connect with PlanItWisely and iHomeEducator
Don’t miss the $10 off annual subscription special going on now!