Joy & Freedom for Homeschoolers
You will often hear homeschoolers talk about the worries, the fears, the nerves, or the societal views, but you may not hear the reasons why homeschool is great. So today I want to share with you some great joy and point out some freedom that come for homeschoolers.
5 Reasons Why I Love Homeschool
- I can sleep in. I’m not a morning person and since I homeschool my son, I don’t have to wake up at the same, pre-set by someone else, time. No rushing to get out of the house making sure everyone has their books, bags and shoes. We already have the books, we don’t need the bags or the shoes, most days.
- I don’t have to put my son on a school bus. How often do you hear of bullying on the school bus? How often when you were in school did you witness that along with many other immoral things happening. I get to, wait for it, shelter my son from those things. Yes, I DID say SHELTER!
- I get to watch with amazement as my son explores the Bible. He is delighted to learn more about the Word of God and does so with a pure excitement. When I see him learning scripture I am reminded of what Jesus said concerning children.
“Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 18:3
- Laughter, there is laughter in my life during the daytime that would not otherwise be there if our son was in public school.
- I don’t always follow the lesson plan. Yikes! Did I say that? I’m not one to follow a plan. I make grocery lists and leave them in my purse, or worse, at home. Same thing with recipes, I read a recipe then do my own thing. It’s really the same mindset. I make a lesson plan and it is a shadow of what we actually do in lessons. I like that freedom.
As homeschoolers we often worry too much. We often let the fears of others determine our mindset. The reality is there is freedom and much joy in our homeschool lives and we should relish in it.