Chances are, you are back in the saddle again with your homeschool routine and school has begun for 2013-14.
Will that mean MORE field trips or LESS?
Everyone is different…
When we first started homeschooling and my big kids were tiny, I used to try and plan a field trip every Friday or every other Friday. We used KONOS and did unit studies about different topics, and it seemed like each topic had a few fun field trip ideas. I miss those days.
Now that I have teens doing high school, we really do field trip less than we used to… but my 2 and 4 year old are starting preschool this year and I’m looking forward to adding more park days and outings to our schedule.
Or maybe you cram in more field trips in the summer – when your kids don’t know they are being “educated”? Sneaky mama! Good for you! I know we enjoy traveling and seeing things when our lists are shorter for school.
This August our teens got to do a little beachcombing. Click the photo to go learn about our Galveston, Texas field trip.
We love seeing your links and hearing about fun field trip ideas. Join us here each month (the last Friday of each month) to link up your field trips. Our readers showcase their field trip links, linking recent trips or not-so-recent trips here on our linky tool below. It doesn’t matter how old your link is, but please only post the link to a particular field trip once. Wherever you are going – inquiring homeschool minds want to hear about it (and see pretty pictures!)…
>Rules for linking up:
1. Your Fantastic Foto Fieldtrips post must be about a field trip and must contain photos.
2. There is no date limit on when you posted the article on your blog (ancient stuff from 2005 is acceptable).
3. You can include as many links as you want each month — the more the merrier (wow us!).
4. Do not link back to your main blog page — just the url from the actual field trip post and a title of where it was would be great: example — Sprittibee/Moody Gardens
5. Be sure to use the graphic for the meme either in your post or sidebar (or both)
Feel free to browse back through our older Fantastic Foto Fieldtrip posts to find great links and fun picture posts.
Just click on the field trips category on our sidebar and scroll away! We can’t wait to join you on your your adventures.