For many of my homeschooling friends, summertime is when they get to indulge in reading books for fun. We thought it would be fun to share our favorite authors and maybe give each other ideas for new books to try.
- Cynthia Rylant- Two reasons, one she’s a WV girl like me and two because she writes real life scenarios for kids in whimsical fashion. (BTW my son and I loved her long before I leared she was from WV)- Renée
- Liz Curtis Higgs…takes me away to another world without mountains of laundry. – Lana
- Roxanne Henke is my favorite Christian contemporary author. Her characters are realistic women that I can imagine being friends with in real-life. Her plots are believable, not soap opera melodrama. My favorite classic author would be L.M. Montgomery for creating my best literary friend, Anne of Green Gables! Sara
- Karen Kingsbury. Her characters are my friends. -Katey
- Ted Dekker. His characters and plot twists hook me. – Dawn P.
Do you have a favorite author? Leave a comment and let us know why you like them!