Do you realize August is approaching? I’m not really sure how that can be. Wasn’t it just Christmas??
Some of you are on a *break* and have been eagerly planning for a fresh start in August or September.
Our kiddos spent 2 weeks in June with grandparents. That was my (our) break. If we are in town, we get our learn-on every day. If we are off on an adventure, well, *school* is still happening – just in another form.
Isn’t the flexibility of homeschooling a blessing? Some of our family’s best times of *homeschooling* haven’t occurred at the kitchen table – instead when we have just lived life together, exploring this great world in which we live.
In the midst of all the summer busyness, whether you are in your homeschool groove or off on an adventure, we have fun happening here at The Post for all of you mommas (and daddies).
Pencil these dates on your calendar for fun you don’t want to miss:
- Since so many of
youus homeschool with a camera in one hand, the A B See Meme is still going strong! Having wrapped up our week of history with Master Books, the meme will resume tomorrow. Need inspiration? Check out the photos on the Flickr group. For details of this meme, check out this post.
- Did you sign up for The July/August Swap? Swappers were paired and emails have been sent. Check your inbox now. Here is what’s next for you swappers…
SIGN UP: By July 8th
PAIRED UP: By July 15th
MAIL SWAP: By Aug 12th
POST PHOTOS: By Aug 19th
EMAIL LINKS TO ME: By Aug 26th
Missed this round of swapping?? Watch for another sign-up in September!
- Have you been reading any of these yummy books on Master Books’ reading list? Link up with us on Wednesday, July 27 and show off your kiddos and their projects inspired by these books. Master Books will feature some of our participants on their Facebook page. Did you read 3 of the books? Be sure to fill out this form to be eligible for a prize.
- Been on any fun fieldtrips to tell us? Check in here on Friday, July 29 and link them at our Fantastic Foto Fieldtrips.
- Are any of you headed to the homeschool convention in Houston (The Woodlands, TX) at the end of this month? If so, you will also find Sprittibee and me there. We’ll both have cameras in hand (in face, too, probably). Nothing new, right?? We’ll actually be shooting for the Texas HomeSchool Coalition. If you will be there, let us know – we’d love to meet! We’ll be shooting with one hand and tweeting from the other – be sure to follow us during this adventure @sprittibee and @dazeofadventure. If you’re at the convention and on twitter, use the hashtag #THSC so we can follow your gab.
- For a little extra encouragement this week, check out Jamerrill’s new link up – you just may have something to share.
- And finally – the news you have all been waiting for…..the winner of For You They Signed, by Marilyn Boyer is….(drum roll please)