What we learned on our field trip to Mayfield Dairy in Braselton ,GA:
- Mayfield was the first dairy farm to make and fill their own jugs
- They fill 250,000-300,000 jugs of milk and juice a day
- They use the opaque yellow jug to reflect and block out light to protect the flavor and nutrients
- Their fastest machine fills pints at the rate of 350 a minute
- Each farmer who sells their milk to Mayfield signs a pledge that their milk was naturally produced with no growth hormones or artificial stimulants used
We love to go on field trips. We shoot for one a month. Sometimes it’s hard, though, because it can get expensive. So we look for deals, group rates, and freebies. The Mayfield tour was free (well, except for the ice-cream we bought afterward, because really, how can you not splurge on that?)
How about you? What kind of field trips did you take this year or recently? Where there any that really stood out?