All three of our school aged children are currently enrolled in a virtual academy called *Georgia Cyber Academy, which we’ve been a part of since 2007. Prior to that we did a mish-mash of a curriculum never having found one that I clearly loved. I was at a cross-roads when I found out about GCA and actually thought about quitting altogether.
Three years in, I am so thankful that I found this form of homeschooling. It works so well for our family. The kids have excelled in their courses, and along the way they still get to nurture the extracurricular activities that they love such as soccer, art, writing, film club, photography, and more.
The Georgia Cyber Academy uses the K¹² curriculum to offer Georgia students in grades K-8 an exceptional learning experience. With individualized learning approaches, the Georgia Cyber Academy and K¹² provide the tools kids need to succeed—in school and beyond.
The Georgia Cyber Academy is one of the fastest-growing schools in Georgia, and here’s why:
- Our experienced, highly qualified Georgia-certified teachers, who are available online and by phone. [We love our assigned teachers. One has especially become a favorite of ours whom we look forward to hearing at our conference times.]
- The exceptional, individualized K¹² curriculum, which covers both the core subject areas and electives. Based on decades of education research, this curriculum packages high-quality lessons with mastery-based assessments that ensure students achieve success at each and every level. [The K12 curriculum was one of the big points for me when I decided to use GCA as our homeschooling method. It's comprehensive, classic, and conservative. A perfect fit for our family.]
- The online planning and assessment tools, resources, and hands-on materials ranging from textbooks to microscopes, from rocks and dirt to beautifully illustrated classic children’s stories, and much more. [This is an absolute God-send to us. To be able to use these tools, resources, materials, textbooks, etc.. is just wonderful.]
- Our supportive school community, which organizes fun and informative monthly activities where GCA parents, students, and staff share their successes, helpful hints, and more.
- The high-quality, tuition-free public education that enables a learning experience that is individualized for each student. [Having three different types of learners, this is something I see first-hand.]
This method of homeschooling works for our family.
I’d be interested to hear what works for you and yours!
*In 2010 Georgia Virtual Academy became Georgia Cyber Academy due to the request from the Georgia Department of Education during the charter renewal process.