Homeschool Memoirs #9: The _____ Family

Each family has something special about them… we’re all unique in that way! LOL! I know my family is like no one you’ll ever meet and I’m sure you all can say the same thing! Sometimes God has a sense of humour when creating families, but he has a plan in everything. Isn’t comforting to know we were designed with purpose?

THEME

This week’s theme is about your family. Don’t worry. I’m not going to make you write a long essay about all the great things your family does. Just something little diddy that I know everyone will have fun with!

Watch the youtube video below and then take this song and add your own words, about your family. The end of the first three lines should rhyme. Can’t wait to see what you come up with!

Lryics to “A Homeschool Family

Some people say were goofy
Mysterious and spooky
Our neighbors think were kooky
A homeschool family

We drive a white Conversion
We learn about the Persians
Our six year olds a surgeon
A homeschool family.

We learn about Creation
And classis education
Were sponsoring a Haitian
A homeschool family.

(Meek)
(Unique)
(Geek)

The parents are the tutors.
We build our own computers.
We never go to Hooters
A homeschol family.

Have recess in the foyer
And then we read Tom Sawyer
Our nine year olds a lawyer,
A homeschool family.

We never leave our dwelling.
Our children are excelling.
They’re champions at spelling
A homeschool family.

Add your Memoirs link:

Put a * next to your name if you’re going to visit 10 of the others this week!

MY THEME

They’re happy and they’re homey
No one can call them phoney
They’re all together looney
The Dixon Family

Their house is on a farm
No need for alarm
We really cause no harm
The Dixon Family

(Neat)
(Sweet)
(Petite)

So get on your internet
You can visit them yet
We hope you won’t get upset
The Dixon Family

I had a lot of fun writing that…. to understand the last verse you’ll have to come visit me! LOL Sorry this is late!

Blessings!

Miss Jocelyn (46 Posts)

Some of Our Favorite Homeschool Resources

Notebooking Pages Free Resources
Homeschooling: what to do when you want to quit

Read More of Our Popular Topics at The Homeschool Post

Comments

OH MY! Jocelyn,that is hysterical! it is going to be so fun to do this! I will have it up tomorrow! wow! how fun! rofl! that sure sounds like our family.
    Love you little sista!
    Amanda

2. Steph says

This was definitely a challenge. I am hoping to come up with a few more lines to complete mine. This was fun, thanks!

I was beginning to wonder if there was going to be an assignment today or if I had done something stupid that I couldn’t get to it.

This one is kinda intimidating but I’m going to give it a whirl. I’ll come back to fill in Mr Linky when I’m done.

4. Lisa B says

I’m glad I had some time to work on this today. I was a bit worried when I first read the assignment but it turned out so fun!

Oh Jocelyn, this was so fun!! What a blast to read all of these. Come on ladies!! It wasn’t that hard! What fun!

Jocelyn, I am so proud of you! You have done such a great job thinking of these themes and making the icons!
    YOU. ARE. Maaah-VELOUS, Darling!!
    LOVE YOU!!

Great Theme, Jocelyn

I was really debating over doing it or not. Poetry is not my forte.
    I visited other posts, got an idea and posted my meme.
    It’s really a lot of fun. They are all wonderful themes.
    Thanks,
    Michelle

I’m so happy I found HSM today. I couldn’t find it yesterday.
    Oh, J, this is clever. I’ve got to hand it to you, you are an imaginative gal! Kudos to you!

This was my first time participating in homeschool memoirs. I love this video and have seen it several times before.
    This was fun!
    Thanks,
    Lori

Wow, I finally decided to do a homeschool blog assignment and look what I get…I had my kids do it instead.
    Someone has to clue me in on how to do these. Do we just check this site every day to see our assignment? Is there a way to get it mailed so I’ll remember?

I haven’t seen anyone else’s. I wanted to wait till mine was posted. I finally got it up on my sight and am looking forward to reading all the other contributions later tonight. Thanks for the fun and forcing us to think!

Trackbacks